logo6

Optical Express Lifetime Guarantee

• Shell84
  • Shell84's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Shell84 on topic Refused eye drops!

Posted 10 Jan 2016 16:38 #111
OE have provided me with eye drops since I had LASIK back in 2012, leaving me with dreadful dry eyes and floaters. Whilst I didn't expect to still be relying on eye drops 4 years later, unfortunately this is the case.
Last month I requested more eye drops from OE head office as I routinely do. I received this email response from Stephen Hannan. What a lovely start it was to my New Year.

What about the lifetime care guarantee that OE continue to promote?

www.opticalexpress.co.uk/the-optical-exp...experience/aftercare

I don't class 4 years as a lifetime! And the nerve of Tweedledum to think I would be willing to give this despicable company any more of my money after I've paid over £4k to end up with dry eyes for the rest of my life.

I shall be taking small claims court proceedings for this and more.
Last Edit:10 Jan 2016 18:10 by Shell84
Attachments:
  • MAUREEN

Replied by MAUREEN on topic Not free anymore??!?

Posted 29 Oct 2015 10:13 #112
I have found my original paperwork and within it is a whole page devoted to 'The Optical Express Lifetime Promise'. I have not resolved my situation yet, but hope this information may be of help to others who are challenged by OE about their free aftercare.

At Optical Express we stand behind our laser vision correction procedures and aftercare with our free Lifetime Promise.
Our Optical Express Laser Vision Lifetime Promise to you:
All necessary care and treatment following your laser vision correction procedure at Optical Express is provided free of charge and for life, subject to our Promise Terms.

Promise Terms:
1. Eligibility
The Optical Express Laser Vision Lifetime Promise applies only to patients who:
A. have had their primary laser vision correction procedure at Optical Express after Dec 15th 2008;
B. are undertaking or have completed, in accordance with Optical Express medical directions and advice, their course of post-operative aftercare; and
C. have undertaken and continue to undertake a biennial sight-test at an Optical Express clinic.

2. Benefits
A. Aftercare
The Optical Express Laser Vision Lifetime Promise covers all aftercare required, as determined by an Optical Express medical director, as a direct result of your laser vision correction procedure at Optical Express; it does not cover unrelated conditions or the effect of natural ageing.

B. Enhancement - not copied - but time period stated for enhancement was within 36 months - I have attended many appointments at OE since the operation and this has never been highlighted or mentioned to me.
Last Edit:31 Mar 2016 17:22 by MAUREEN
  • Maureen

Replied by Maureen on topic Not free anymore??!?

Posted 28 Oct 2015 11:27 #113
I have just had the same problem. Surgery in 2009. The surgery was not successful and to date I have received free check-ups/tests, contact lenses and glasses. Today I was told that the original T&C said that aftercare was only for one year and that the option to have the surgery repeated was only for one year. This has not been questioned or stated before today.
I have contested this as I was told it was a lifetime guarantee and also when I saw the surgeon a few months after the operation he told me there was no hurry to have the procedure repeated, I could wait and have it done at anytime in the future.

OE have asked me to look out my original contract and supply evidence in writing that aftercare was in perpetuity. I have to search for my contract and paperwork. I have also moved since 2009.

Does anyone have a contract from 2009 or anything in writing from OE confirming that there is a lifetime guarantee?
Last Edit:28 Oct 2015 12:24 by Maureen
  • Lifetime aftercare?

Replied by Lifetime aftercare? on topic Not free anymore??!?

Posted 28 Jul 2015 09:36 #114
I had my surgery in 2008 and as far as I remember I was sold on the premise the lifetime aftercare incl. free eyetests for life. All was well unto and including my last check in 2014 but was shocked to be told that the appointment this year would cost £30 (not free!)
I tried to argue that I was told it was free but they wouldn't budge and in the end came up with a supposed clause in the original T&C of this was included for 4 years post surgery... I don't recall any time limit on the free aftercare when I signed up and certainly wasn't told of any (as they said free full stop after surgery)

I can't find my original contract at the moment as I have moved since 2008 so was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows about this 'hidden' clause in the T&C's?

Can't help thinking they are trying to wriggle out of the lifetime eyetests due to the recent financial troubles, why not chnage the rules and start recouping £30 a year off all who signed up for lifetime!

Thanks for any help
by Lifetime aftercare?
  • User1 Davy

Replied by User1 Davy on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 17 Jul 2014 20:29 #115
Don't give in, insist on refund - call their bluff! It works, been there, done it, got the shirt. Treatment was in Scotland, after many months/year of fighting them I got payment back of almost a full refund. I had the attitude of, well OK I have nothing now, so what have I got to lose? I refused the initial offer which was an insult. I'm now back to glasses and use drops and have been for about a year but hey ho, at least I can see. Just stick with it a wee while and fight it out,

Most importantly don't have any enhancement with them - whether paid or free.
Last Edit:17 Jul 2014 23:25 by User1 Davy
  • Jam

Replied by Jam on topic £378.00 compensation !

Posted 11 Apr 2014 11:48 #116
My Story.

I am a disabled woman who suffered a stroke and has high blood pressure, which Optical Express were made aware of before I had Lasek eye surgery in August 2012.

Instead of the good results I was promised, my surgery has caused me nothing but pain and discomfort. I suffer with dry eyes, itching, blurring, distorted vision and more. I have light sensitivity and can’t even enjoy sunlight.

These problems became apparent after approx 2 months when I complained to Optical Express as I didn’t believe it was normal to be having such pain - and blinded vision at times. It’s still very scary when it happens.

I complained to David Mungall on a number of occasions explaining how frightened and worried I was. He arranged for me to see a surgeon at the Harley Street clinic, which I did a few times and OE paid for my taxis as I’m unable to travel by public transport.

But my eyes continued to get worse even after using loads of ointments, creams, drops etc - you name it I’ve tried it! Every morning when I wake up I am blinded for a while as I can’t open my eyes without pain.

I continued to complain for months then spoke to Stephen Hannan who was very rude and showed no understanding at all.

I complained about this to David Mungall and asked for a full refund. He said they would only give me £378 compensation for my discomfort but I had to sign an agreement not allowing me to discuss what happened to me and it didn’t mean they admitted liability. He told me that they wouldn’t pay for my transport to Harley Street anymore.

I am registered as a vulnerable disabled person with memory problems. I am on benefits and cannot get to Harley Street for any further treatment as I can’t afford to pay for the transport myself.

I am so traumatised by the fact my eyes will remain this way and I will have to suffer the pain for the rest of my life.

I spent nearly £2000 on laser surgery to improve my vision and instead ended up with health problems as a result. Optical Express only care about making money, not about helping people.

I have decided to speak out about what happened to me and if Optical Express want to sue me for breaking my agreement for £378 they can!

WE NEED JUSTICE FOR ALL SUFFERERS OF EYE SURGERY AT OPTICAL EXPRESS.
Last Edit:11 Apr 2014 11:48 by Jam
  • Deedee

Replied by Deedee on topic OE are a joke

Posted 08 Apr 2014 18:46 #117
In 2009, after falling for high pressure sales, discount if you sign now, blah blah... I had LASIK surgery at Gateshead.

I was promised this was a once in a lifetime treatment with 20/20 vision or better and assured that the it was totally safe.

Since having the procedure I have suffered with dry eye, night time prisms, tingling and stinging sensations, pain in my eyes.

In 2011 I reported loss of vision in my right eye, but I was fobbed off and sent away with drops. At no point did Optical Express send any reminders for an eye examination which as per their own terms and conditions must be carried out every two years for the lifetime care. I did ask them earlier in 2013 why I had not received any reminders and was told I'd been "missed off"

The store I'd been to had closed down with the nearest too far for me to travel to. Then another opened closer so I went and told them my story and they said would have to call head office and get back to me. Did call back and said that store would help me. Store appointment again for another eye test as they wanted to see if my sight had stabilised, not much help, fobbed off again, said they would contact me.

Waited and waited... nothing, so I went in the store again... was assured they would get the manager to call me. He didn't!

At this point I was livid. I telephoned the store and spoke to the assistant manager, she was helpful and apologetic but I explained that didn't fix my eyes!

Next appointment I saw the manager who said he would personally take responsibility for this and get me an answer regarding an enhancement... this didn't happen, I was passed to someone from head office on the phone who told me I would have to pay for re-treatment.

I then posted on OE's Facebook, but of course they didn't approve the post as only positive comments are allowed.

I sent them a PM and today I received a phone call, offering a free of charge 'enhancement' if I sign a gagging order! Not a chance, I have decided I could never let them near my eyes again.

I want all my money back or I shall share my story of my experience at Optical Express on every social media site, and to anyone will listen for the rest of my life.
Last Edit:08 Apr 2014 22:45 by Deedee
  • Philip Fowler

Replied by Philip Fowler on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 03 Apr 2014 15:37 #118
Well what can I say, I had an appointment at OE in Leeds today, got there, the store had closed down!

I went into the shop next door and the owner told me lots of people had been asking if she knew where they've moved to.

There was no notice on the door so I ended up ringing them. I still couldn't find where they were, so I rang them again and told them I had given up and was going home.

I had no letter or directions, just a phone call from their office and the person said he would call me back at 4 o'clock but I have not heard a thing. :angry:
Last Edit:03 Apr 2014 16:07 by Philip Fowler
  • Philip Fowler

Replied by Philip Fowler on topic What Lifetime Guarantee?!

Posted 31 Mar 2014 16:08 #119
AS POPPY SAID PLEASE DO NOT RISK FURTHER SURGERY WITH THIS COMPANY OPTICAL EXPRESS

Do your research, more surgery could mean more risks, don't do it, don't fall for their insincere "we will look after you cr*p", they just want your money.
1 look at all the staff who work there who wear glasses even the surgeons too
2 If it is that good why have they not had it done plus a lot cheaper for them
3 Don't listen and look at the box full of reject glasses, who would wear those

I am fed up of travelling all over the country to see their so called experts and getting the same old creams and wipes and tablets which do nothing.-
Last Edit:31 Mar 2014 17:25 by Philip Fowler
  • Philip Fowler

Replied by Philip Fowler on topic Optical Express refuse to pay my expensies

Posted 28 Mar 2014 13:25 #120
I had eye surgery done in Leeds in 2009, before I was happy chap with a brill sense of humour, but after surgery I started to suffer with severe dry eyes.

This has ruined my life, I have quit my job of 15 years and still my eyes are bad, I can only watch television for an hour before my vision becomes blurry and I suffer with grittiness and burning in my eyes.

Optical Express have sent me all over the country, even London, to have lipiflow.

Now they are refusing to pay my fuel expenses as I have to get someone to drive me, even though the last time I spoke with Stephen Hannan he told me they'd pay per mile, but now say they're not paying.

This disgusts me, as "A lifetime guarantee" promise was a condition of my signing on the dotted line and them taking my money.

But it seems like they have written me off!

I am now looking into legal action against OE so will keep you all updated
Last Edit:28 Mar 2014 15:15 by Philip Fowler
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount