logo6

Government Regulation

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 153

Replied by admin on topic Helath Minister Philip Dunne

Posted 13 Mar 2017 18:20 #31
Déjà vu :kiss:

Health Minister Philip [strike]Dumb[/strike] Dunne regurgitates the same bullsh*t as his predecessors Dan Poulter and Ben [strike]Dumber[/strike] Gummer!

The CQC, GMC, RCO, do not/cannot help damaged patients - nor do anything to stop them being damaged! Only government regulation can help with that!

Perhaps Dunne can explain exactly how the new standards introduced by the CQC in 2015 are helping protect patients, because I can give him an ongoing list of patients operated on and damaged since then!

And how does he suppose the new RCO standards (unenforceable) will help protect patients?

While the GMC purport to 'investigate' complaint after complaint against surgeons, but ultimately close EVERY SINGLE ONE without any action taken against the surgeon, who is then free to damage more patients!

WHY does the government continue to bury its head and deny knowledge of this massive scandal - especially as it is unarguably costing the NHS money it can ill afford to provide expensive aftercare for patients damaged by high street clinics who relinquish all responsibility after 12 months!!

These same clinics then write off millions in tax when they go into administration - and that's acceptable to the government!

If you haven't yet contacted your MP to ask for their support for regulation of this industry - PLEASE PLEASE do!

And then email the response to me so it can be added to the growing pile that will be presented to the government at some point this year!
Last Edit:13 Mar 2017 18:22 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic New health minister...

Posted 19 Jul 2016 09:08 #32
I've yet to find out which of these three newly appointed health ministers will be my latest 'opponent' - presumably Philip Dunne.

I will let you know when I do :kiss:
by admin
Attachments:
  • Gav
  • Gav's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Gav on topic Reshuffle...

Posted 15 Jul 2016 16:15 #33
Just how scary do they think you are? :)
by Gav
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Politics Schmolitics...

Posted 15 Jul 2016 10:38 #34
Theresa May has not only removed Theresa Villiers from her post as Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, but also taken Ben Gummer out of the Health Dept and made him Cabinet Office minister - and I was so looking forward to challenging his ignorance!
www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/big_promotion...ben_gummer_1_4618205

(Goodness knows why she left Jeremy Hunt in situ!)

Ben Gummer is the third successive health minister who's successfully escaped meeting with me - while denying the plight of tens of thousands who’ve been left damaged by the unregulated and often corrupt refractive surgery industry.

In his new role Gummer will be 'co-ordinating policy and government work between departments'. He said, “This is the kind of thing you come into politics to do”.

Silly me! I understood that the purpose of government is to protect the rights of its citizens, and politicians there to 'do' something to help when called upon!

Meanwhile, I will speak with Theresa Villiers to discuss setting up a meeting with Number 4 asap (whoever s/he may be).

It's not acceptable that they keep leaving the post just as I'm about to meet them... :kiss:
Last Edit:15 Jul 2016 23:33 by admin
  • Mark Clerkin
  • Mark Clerkin's Avatar Offline
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Mark Clerkin on topic Meeting postponed...

Posted 30 Jun 2016 03:53 #35
Hi Sasha I’ve been outside Optical Express in Shaftesbury Ave a few times over the last few weeks advising people not to go ahead with their treatment, fortunately I’ve convinced quite a few not to have it done and I’ll continue to go there as long as I'm working around there. Can you please give me the address to send a letter or email to the health minister Ben Gummer as I’ll certainly write to him.
Thanks!
Last Edit:02 Jul 2016 21:18 by Mark Clerkin
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Meeting postponed...

Posted 27 Jun 2016 19:14 #36
The bad news is that my meeting with Health Minister Ben Gummer on Wednesday has been postponed - email received this afternoon from Theresa Villiers' office.

Not a huge surprise given what's going on right now... :kiss:

The good news is that those of you who haven't yet sent me your letter for Ben Gummer now have no excuse and time to do so!
Last Edit:27 Jun 2016 19:15 by admin
Attachments:
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Letter for Gummer

Posted 25 Jun 2016 14:53 #37
Since 2012 I have had conversations with - and received emails from - thousands of people damaged by this unregulated industry, yet only a comparative handful of you have written letters FAO Ben Gummer!

You have the weekend left to do this, and post hard copy to me via 1st class on Monday to reach me in time for my meeting on Wednesday.

Send email for my address: info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk

It doesn’t matter where or when you had surgery… and I also encourage your partner/children/friends to write their side of the story.

Meanwhile, this is one of my favourites, written to Gummer's predecessor last year - the author did attach a legible copy!
:kiss:

Last Edit:25 Jun 2016 16:06 by admin
Attachments:
  • Caro

Replied by Caro on topic URGENT! Re 29 June - next week!!!

Posted 24 Jun 2016 10:45 #38
Please, please listen to Sasha and use this hard fought for opportunity to have your say!

The more of us that do so the louder the message will be, and the harder it will be for the government to continue to ignore what is going on in this barbaric and unregulated industry. A few minutes of your time will make a difference and help to protect others…. so get writing!
Last Edit:24 Jun 2016 11:00 by Caro
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic URGENT! Re 29 June - next week!!!

Posted 23 Jun 2016 17:36 #39
I am disappointed and saddened by your apathy… :kiss:

Yes you - every single one of you reading this who has suffered problems after refractive eye surgery, yet can't be bothered to spend a few minutes writing a letter for me to hand deliver to the Health Minister next week!

When I meet with Ben Gummer and his DoH officials on 29 June I have limited time in which to convince the government that regulation is desperately needed to protect thousands more from having their eyes and lives ruined by a corrupt industry.

Since 2012, supported by John McDonnell (Shadow Chancellor), and recently my own MP Theresa Villiers (Secretary of State for Northern Ireland), I have fought against the odds for a meeting with the government.

My fight has been an exhausting one, with door after door closed in my face, threats made against my life, bribery offers… organisations like the RCO closing ranks to protect their own - and there've been a few times when I came close to giving up, thinking perhaps I was wasting my time.

However, I didn’t give up and I never will, and I certainly wasn’t wasting my time!

I freely give my time and help to so many people with nowhere and no-one else to turn to, and I don’t ask for thanks or reward, but I do at least expect your support!

I therefore beg you to please take a few minutes to write a letter to Ben Gummer, describing what happened to you and how it has affected your life, and the lives of those close to you. It can be as short or as long as you want, and friends/family are also welcome to write how your issues have affected them too.

If you lost your job/business/home/relationship because of the debilitating results of surgery, please say so!

If you have been forced to claim benefits because of your surgery, please say so!

If you’ve had ANY treatment from the NHS - GP/hospital appointments, eye drops, explant… - please say so!

Your letter should include your address and signature.

Email me for my address for you to send a hard copy of your letter: info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk: info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk

Please also send/email copy to your local MP.

NB: If you previously sent a letter for Daniel Poulter in 2014/15 (meetings cancelled), no need to send again as these will be given to Gummer.

Thousands of damaged patients follow my sites, so I'd expect a few hundred letters at least - please don’t leave it to other people!

I have fought so hard for this meeting and intend to use every second of it to make sure the government can no longer pass the buck to the impotent CQC, GMC, and RCO - none of whom have helped us in any way whatsoever!
Last Edit:23 Jun 2016 17:38 by admin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pandora
  • admin
  • admin's Avatar Offline

Replied by admin on topic Ben Gummer to John Howell MP

Posted 17 Jun 2016 18:50 #40
I am so looking forward to meeting Ben Gummer on 29 June :kiss:

Reminder:
'In early 2015 many damaged patients wrote accounts of how their lives had been affected for me to give to Dan Poulter in person - our meetings repeatedly postponed until he resigned as health minister.

I will be giving these to Ben Gummer instead, and invite everyone else to write their own account for me to add to the file (no matter where you had surgery). It would help if you also copy this to your own MP.

Send to info@opticalexpressruinedmylife.co.uk
'
Last Edit:17 Jun 2016 19:19 by admin
Attachments:
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount