logo6

Deposit Refunds

• Mandy Guinness Yendle

Replied by Mandy Guinness Yendle on topic help need info

Posted 11 Dec 2015 21:39 #371
Hi could someone send me the contact details for June the director of OE or lynsey Shaw customer care contact details. I've changed my mind and I've asked for my deposit back but been told I can't cos it is used to keep appointment dates. But how can they keep surgery dates for me even if I haven't had my pre-op!!! Need help £500 is a lot of money to me. I have lost my job and can't afford the surgery any more. I don't know which way to turn. Can anyone help me get my deposit back?
___________.
admin: Sent message via Facebook :kiss:'
Last Edit:13 Dec 2015 12:03 by Mandy Guinness Yendle
  • C

Replied by C on topic I want my refund

Posted 11 Dec 2015 08:04 #372
Hi,

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I booked in for surgery, then I cancelled. I was told someone from the finance department would call and they didn't, so I had to chase it up. They said they would refund within 28 days and I would hear from the finance department. 28 days passed and I called up; they asked for my card details and did the refund straight away. The money cleared today. It is a long process, but I did get my money back in the end
by C
  • Jayne. Hanks

Replied by Jayne. Hanks on topic I want my refund

Posted 03 Dec 2015 16:23 #373
All I wanted for Christmas was my eyes lasered… no more glasses

Beware! On first consultation the optometrist tells you that you are suitable for surgery of your choice, (my choice the basic laser surgery, healing time approx 48 hours ) and the head office offers you a good deal.
I paid my deposit and booked time from work and arrived for surgery 'of your choice’. The surgeon decides which surgery you are most suitable for, but you don't see him until after you paid deposit, arranged finance and arrive all emotionally set up for the surgery.
I met the surgeon for the first time to be told I was NOT SUITABLE for the surgery I booked for, but could have the more invasive option on one eye.
I didn't want this and refused. I couldn't have it done that day even if I had wanted to as it meant tal=king extra time off work to heal.
You ask for a refund and this is where the fun begins!! I was told 28 days for a refund but it can't be given in store, only through the head office cancellation team who will contact you in 3/5 days!!!!!
Not happy… the saga continues, head office don't ring so I ring them.
It's now 5 days after cancelled surgery and numerous phone calls to head office (different departments) cos they won't put you through.
Now got to wait until after New Year for deposit back, but they won't even confirm this in an email!!
So watch this space...
Last Edit:03 Dec 2015 17:42 by Jayne. Hanks
  • Kate Olczak

Replied by Kate Olczak on topic DEPOSIT REFUND

Posted 01 Dec 2015 23:21 #374
Hi all,
I paid £4131 for laser treatment by visa debit card on 14 October 2015 in Bournemouth Optical Express store. I cancelled next day in store on 15 October so within 7 days of making booking. Terms & conditions say surgery procedure cancellation refunds will be processed within 28 working days.

Susan Lindon-White told me I should receive a phone call to confirm my bank details for the refund to be processed but it’s now already 32 working days since cancellation and I haven't even received a call. Every time I call the Bournemouth store I only get promises and nothing else. £4131 is a lot of money and 32 days a very long time to wait and I am worried I'll never see the money again.
Any idea what I can do? Or any chance for help from you Sasha?
Best Regards
Kate :(
by Kate Olczak
  • Mike Jones

Replied by Mike Jones on topic OE Bullsh*t

Posted 01 Dec 2015 16:37 #375
Hi all again,

Update as of today.....I tried to get Barclays Bank to refund the deposit for me.

Yet another error on my behalf I paid the deposit with my debit card.......I should have used my Barclay credit card then I would have been able to recover the deposit.

I am such a trusting fool and so annoyed with my self for trusting this gang of reprobates.

Frustttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttrated MJ..........
Last Edit:01 Dec 2015 17:20 by Mike Jones
  • Mike Jones

Replied by Mike Jones on topic OE Bullsh*t

Posted 30 Nov 2015 21:22 #376
:angry:

Hi all,

Sorry to learn of your experiences with OE

Yes I too have been sucked in concerning the deposit thing!

Frustrated? Yes… Annoyed? Yes... annoyed more at myself for being so trusting and thinking that OE would refund my deposit and stick to their contract with me of refunding my £500 deposit should surgery be declined.

Fortunately for me surgery was declined hence I have not suffered the devastating experiences of other people on Sasha's website. But I am experiencing the same complete lack of customer service as those who also have had difficulty getting their deposits refunded.

What have I had to date… in short, complete Bullsh*t! “It’s in the T’s & C’s sir, it will take 28 days to refund” - what T’s & C’s, there is nothing on OE’s website concerning T’s & C’s on refunds and they most certainly did not give me any T’s & C’s.

Ok let me speak with someone who can give me a refund… "that will be accounts sir, they are not customer facing” ….and so it goes on and on, around and around in never ending circles. As with all of you on the Sasha's website OE’s customer care, empathy, or any form of conscience concerning customers who are unhappy is non-existent. The trend appears to be the desire to get rid of you ASAP by fobbing you off with all manner of Bullsh*t in the hope that you will eventually give in and go away.

I am no lawyer but under consumer legislation they have no right to retain a deposit when it has been confirmed that the services offered have been mutually declined!

Anyhow what have I done :- Sasha's website is very encouraging. Keep up the good work Sasha

• I have asked Sasha if any of her subscribers have had similar experiences, clearly from the forum the answer to this question is yes.

• I have emailed BBC Watchdog in the hope that they will take up the fight but like the rest of you I need my cash sooner rather than later, especially with Christmas around the corner.

• I will take advice from the forum and contact my bank tomorrow as I also paid the deposit with my credit card, in the hope that this may yield a result.

• Finally if none of the above achieves a result I will take them to the small claims courts, I have had a lot of success with this in the past with large companies paying up front immediately upon receipt of the court order to avoid court and other costs.

As form of respect to Sasha for all of her work and determined persistence and the remainder of you who have posted your stories and questions I will keep this post updated.

Good Luck

Mike Jones
Last Edit:01 Dec 2015 17:31 by Mike Jones
  • Dawn

Replied by Dawn on topic Decided Against Surgery!

Posted 27 Nov 2015 12:08 #377
I too am struggling to get my money back from optical express . Seems I am being given the same story as to why they can't pay in 28 days.
I do have it in an email the amount I should be paid and also the 28 days, which has quickly turned into 43 days. Any advice ?
Last Edit:23 Jan 2016 15:52 by Dawn
  • Heather

Replied by Heather on topic Getting refund is difficult (understatement)

Posted 19 Nov 2015 17:32 #378
Hi i'm going through the exact same thing at the moment so I went to my bank and they are trying to get the money back for me
by Heather
  • Jade

Replied by Jade on topic Getting refund is difficult (understatement)

Posted 10 Nov 2015 16:59 #379
Hi,

I'm currently experiencing the exact same problem as you here Karen. I've been on the phone to them to request a refund but still haven't received it. I've waited over 28 days and had to chase up the refund myself. I was told I should receive a phone call to confirm any bank details for the refund to be processed but yet I didn't even receive that. I find it ridiculous with all the excuses they are giving me. So quick to take the money from my account yet takes so long to refund it back.
They've failed to meet their own terms and conditions.

Any advice on what I can do?
Last Edit:10 Nov 2015 17:00 by Jade
  • Karen

Replied by Karen on topic Getting refund is difficult (understatement)

Posted 05 Nov 2015 16:29 #380
Should have got my full refund today (surgeon said I should never have been put forward for surgery as not suitable at all !) but due to an 'internal administration' problem it would be delayed by one week. No-one is helpful and can't speak to someone in senior position. So have made a complaint via Optical Consumer Complaints Service to see if this will help me. If anyone has a direct number I can call to someone in charge at OE it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Last Edit:05 Nov 2015 16:46 by Karen
Moderators: admin

OERML & My Beautiful Eyes Foundation rely on your support to expose the horrors of this unregulated industry.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Amount