Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BBC News/Press/Media

BBC News - cosmetic surgery 22 Apr 2019 22:12 #11

• admin
  • admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 152
'Led to deaths... better regulation... a person's mental and physical health... cost to the NHS...' :kiss:

Music to my ears if this BBC News report referred to refractive eye surgery!

In comparison with cosmetic procedures there are AT LEAST three times as many refractive eye surgery operations performed each year in the UK - not abroad! - and the numbers of patients left irreparably damaged heavily outweigh those damaged by 'botched cosmetic procedures’

Published in 2013, a huge amount of time and money was invested (wasted) on the Keogh report, with laser eye surgery condescendingly mentioned once or twice (a sop to My Beautiful Eyes campaign calling for government regulation).

This simply angered me, because refractive eye surgery is NOT cosmetic - ever - no matter that blanket marketing suggests it is, and I have had to correct a few ophthalmic surgeons on this point over the years!

'A campaign to tackle "botched" cosmetic procedures is to be launched by the government in England next month. It follows a rise in people seeking surgeries such as a "Brazilian butt lift" abroad, which has led to deaths.

One expert welcomed the campaign [scheduled to launch in May], but said better regulation was also needed.

[England's Department of Health and Social Care] said it also hoped to tackle the number of "botched" procedures, and the resulting impact on a person's mental and physical health, as well as the cost to the NHS of treatment following such procedures.
'
www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47967968

Good Morning Britain 09 Apr 2019 17:21 #12

• admin
I've heard his unhappy patients call Dr Dimitris Kazakos many things over the years, but 'a hunk' definitely not one of them :kiss:

Three Degrees singer Sheila Ferguson obviously didn't do much research before she let Dr Dimitris Kazakoff [sic] operate on her eyes, because she describes close runner up to David Teenan on the leaderboard (for highest number of legal claims) as a 'great surgeon' on Good Morning Britain earlier today!

Now that her rose tinted cataracts have gone, and if she's one of the lucky ones, perhaps Sheila will be able to see Dimitri Kazakos more clearly!

Listen @ 1:16 mins:

Mail on Sunday 07 Apr 2019 14:09 #13

• admin
Posted on my Facebook pages yesterday :kiss:

cont'd: June has suffered from macular degeneration, an age-related condition... The soap legend had an operation in 2017 to fit extra lenses [Eyemax Mono] on her eyes, but it wasn't as effective as she wanted[/i].’

'The soap stalwart has previously spoke[sic] about her macular degeneration diagnosis and in 2017 shared details about her pioneering 60 second operation, she was one of the first people to undergo the Eyemax Mono procedure.' [At no cost to June Brown, and I’m guessing LEH Pharma also paid her pocket money to promote the procedure as she did.]
www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-68...als-going-blind.html

I added my own scathing comment under the Mail article, amazingly approved given how much that publication values my opinion!

I added my own scathing comment under the Mail article, but not much chance of it being approved as we know how much that publication values my opinion.*

This is a more obvious advertorial for the Amazon Alexa, probably another freebie + 'pocket money' www.mirror.co.uk/tv/eastenders-june-brow...veals-agony-14241216

*Update: Amazing - my comment approved!
www.facebook.com/OERML

Mail on Sunday today:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6895465...als-going-blind.html
Attachments:

Dr Oz Show 27 Mar 2019 00:18 #14

• admin
Attachments:

Dan Rose on WWJ.950 27 Mar 2019 00:07 #15

• admin
Still dealing with his own grief, Dan Rose unselfishly shares details of his wife’s struggle to cope after laser eye surgery, the pain so intolerable that Jessica Starr ended her life on 12 December 2018.
omny.fm/shows/wwj-plus/dan-rose-speaks-o...ath-of-jessica-starr

Thank you for speaking out Dan :kiss:

FOX 2 Detroit I am amazed that you have not interviewed Jessica's surgeon - why not?

And if anyone knows who s/he is, please contact me and I will publish.

Good Morning America - Jessica Starr 28 Feb 2019 10:48 #16

• admin
On behalf of all of us damaged by this unregulated and dangerous industry, I thank her family for going public with the truth about Jessica Starr’s suicide last December :kiss:

Jessica recorded a series of valuable video diaries detailing her post op problems...
gma.abc/2U8agqM

Jessica’s description of her suffering echoes the voices of tens of thousands of us worldwide!

This comment especially resonates with me, ‘I’m really mad at myself for doing this...’

Certainly what I felt for a long time after surgery, and as a patient advocate it’s generally one of the first things people say to me - or, ‘I feel really stupid...’

And my response is always the same, it was not your fault, you were not stupid, you trusted the doctor would do you no harm!

Sadly, none of us realised that financial gain comes before patient welfare for too many in this industry!

The governments of all countries should heed Jessica Starr’s sacrifice as a warning, and start listening to all of us damaged patients, not to a corrupt and wealthy industry who continue to lie about statistics.

This has to stop!
Attachments:

BBC Radio Sheffield podcast 26 Feb 2019 19:10 #17

• admin
Available for 29 days...

www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06zcs61

I will upload to YouTube in due course - along with my own unedited recording of the actual 7 mins interview :kiss:
Attachments:

BBC Radio Sheffield... 26 Feb 2019 15:47 #18

• admin
Let's try this again :kiss:

My interview pre-recorded earlier, now scheduled on Drivetime with Howard Pressman @ 16.08

Live link www.bbc.co.uk/radiosheffield
Attachments:

BBC Radio Sheffield postponed! 26 Feb 2019 10:42 #19

• admin
Attachments:

BBC Radio Sheffield tomorrow! 25 Feb 2019 20:56 #20

• admin
2019 hasn't been a good year for Optical Express so far, and I promise it's going to get worse at 7.00am tomorrow morning :kiss:

Listen to Toby Foster at Breakfast on BBC Radio Sheffield - interview with OE damaged patient Mohammed Razaq, MP Toby Perkins, and me!

Live link www.bbc.co.uk/radiosheffield

For those who miss it, I will be uploading the interviews to YouTube later...
Attachments: