Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: IOL/RLE: Alphagan drops

IOL/RLE: Alphagan drops 27 Jan 2013 13:10 #1

• InthebusinessnotOE
Not ideal to use drops - however with increasing age pupils get smaller anyway.

IOL/RLE: Alphagan drops 23 Jan 2013 23:29 #2

• Anonmouse
Surely pupil restriction can't be a viable long term option, as it would restrict your night / dim light vision. Like Danny's says, seems like a cop out for a botched Laser procedure.

IOL/RLE: Alphagan drops 23 Jan 2013 15:54 #3

• Interested
Bewareof the preservative in them ! !

IOL/RLE: Alphagan drops 22 Jan 2013 18:24 #4

• Danny
I tried these drops after around 5 months and things just were not getting any better, for a short while (30 mins) I thought that it was brilliant, I could see properly at night time, but after this 30 mins I suffered from blistering headaches, it's common with any kind of drops that alter pupil size apparently, I even tried pilacarpine (sp?) drops just over a years ago and these were even worse, they almost blinded me for 2 hours while they started working, it was horrible and left me unable to see anything while they were working.

I would steer clear of drops like these, long term use is not advised and really when you think about it glaucoma meds shouldn't be the answer to botched lasik.

IOL/RLE: Alphagan drops 21 Jan 2013 18:09 #5

• Anonymous
I was advised that I could use it longterm can thiese drops be used longterm for constricting the pupil

IOL/RLE: Alphagan drops 20 Jan 2013 22:07 #6

• InthebusinessnotOE
Alphagan is a glaucoma drop that also partially constricts the pupil Pupil constriction decreases the effect of high order aberrations and can improve vision.

IOL/RLE: Alphagan drops 20 Jan 2013 16:16 #7

• garyhughesnemma
  • garyhughesnemma's Avatar Topic Author
Following lens exchange to both eyes I was given Alphagan drops to use to see if it would help my blurred vision Has anyone else been given alphagan drops and if so what was it for?